Friday, August 17, 2012

Review of Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter

$17
As you guys know, I've been using SheaMoisture products for a little over two months now, and my hair started to feel really dry, especially after the last henna treatment. I guess the products weren't moisturizing enough for my hair even though they produced good results.  So, I have returned to my staple which is the Carol's Daughter line.  I'm still practicing the Curly Girl Method. I do use shampoo once or twice a month depending on my hair needs.  This time, I tried the Healthy Hair Butter for the first time. 

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Glycine Soja ( Soybean) Oil, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Beeswax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis ( Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), ( Rosemary) Oil, Cymbopogon Flexosus ( Lemongrass) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis ( Orange) Oil,Lavandula Augustfolia(Lavender) Oil

Texture;
Healthy Hair Butter is thick and has a creamy consistency.  It's not as thick as grease but it's heavier than Carol's Daughter, Hair Milk The Original Curl Definer, 10-Ounce.  This is for you if you're looking for something that is a little more moisturizing than a cream but doesn't leave your hair feeling greasy. The smell is clean and somewhat earthy but I can see how some people may not like it.  I like it.

First, I applied Motions At Home Foaming Wrap Lotion to freshly washed damp hair. Then I applied the Healthy Hair Butter before I two-strand twisted my hair.  After four days, I took down my twists and my twist-out blossomed into a Happy Hair Day for several hair days! My curls were very defined and my hair felt so healthy and moisturized. As you can see, it's great for twist-outs.





This product gets two thumbs up! My advice is when you find a product that works, stick with it. My product junkism is over...for now, that is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment