Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Review of Carol's Daughter"s Monoi Repairing Shampoo and Repairing Hair Mask

I know it's been SEVERAL months since I posted anything but I promise that I'm not abandoning this blog. With a new job, starting grad school, and being a mom things have been quite hectic. In fact, my daughter is climbing my back as I type this.  AND I currently have a 4.0 so, yay! Hopefully, I'll be able to maintain it. Anyway, I have continued to try new products and techniques for my hair which means that I have a great deal of material. The first one is a review of Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Sulfate-Free Shampoo, 8.5 Ounce and Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask - 200g/7oz . I decided to use these products because I started to experience some shedding once winter came along. After one use, you're supposed to have 96% less breakage.

                    
                                                $18                                                       $29

Ingredients:

Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Sulfate-Free Shampoo, 8.5 Ounce:
Water (Aqua), Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acids, Coconut Oil Glycereth-8 Esters, Shea Butter Glycereth-8 Esters, Polyglyceryl-3 Laurate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Phyllostachis Bambusoides Juice, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Helianthus Annuus(Sunflower) Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Hibiscus Esculentus Extract, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, Hydrolyzed Silk, Panthenol (Pro-vitamin B5), Glycerin, Glycol Distearate, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Quaternium-91, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum)

Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask - 200g/7oz :
Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Glycerin, Cetyl Esters, Dimethicone, Fragrance (Parfum), Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oiol, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil, Phyllostachis Bambusoides Juice, Hydrolyzed Hibiscus Esculentus Extract, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccaride, Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Extrac, Panthenol (Pro-vitamin B5), Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethiconol, Octyldodecanol, Ceteareth-20, Quarternium-91, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone
                      
Both of these products contain Monoi Oil which is a combination of Tiare Gardenia and Coprah Coconut Oils. These oils are meant to strengthen and repair damaged hair.

Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Sulfate-Free Shampoo, 8.5 Ounce smells great and texture is similar to any of the other shampoos from Carol's Daughter. It's creamy and very gentle on my hair. My hair and scalp feels clean after I use it. This is very important when it comes to sulfate-free shampoos. Not all of them clean well. It doesn't dry out my hair and since I co-wash and only wash my hair every two to four weeks, the bottle has lasted me several months. I guess that goes for any shampoo in the natural world, lol. If you like any of the other shampoos from Carols Daughter, then you will like this one. This product is decent and it gets a thumbs up from me.

Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask - 200g/7ozsmells great as well and makes my hair feel awesome. My natural hair is easy to detangle with this conditioner in my hair. My hair feels soft and manageable after use. When I use it, I leave it in for about 15 minutes while I'm in the shower (due to the lack of time). I have yet to try it sitting under a dryer or leaving it on for an extended period of time. I assume that the results would be better. Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask - 200g/7ozis designed to prevent shredding and breakage by strengthening and repairing your hair. Did I notice a difference in my natural hair after one use? Yes, I did. I noticed that the amount of hair that come outs in the shower was greatly reduced after the first use of this product. However, the results weren't maintained after continuous use. After using the product for a few weeks, my hair started shredding again. I still use the product and it does make my hair feel great every time that I use it. I think that my shedding issue is attributed to a great deal of other things like stress, climate, neglect, etc. But, hey, I have a so much material at my disposal now and look for future posts on how I solved the shredding problem. The only thing I didn't like about the Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask - 200g/7ozis that the container is really small. I have really thick hair and I run out of it within a month and a half. That is really quick considering that the product is rather expensive. To help save money, I normally switch it out with other conditioners that I use so that it will last longer. Overall, I like these products and plan to use these products in the future.

You can purchase these products from any Sephoras that sale Carol's Daughter products. JcPenney's, Macy's and other major retailers have Sephoras located inside of the store. You can also purchase the products directly from Carol's Daughter at www.carolsdaughter.com. Find these products for cheaper prices on Amazon here.

No comments:

Post a Comment