Friday, April 27, 2012

Review of the Tightly Curly Girl Method and Eco Styler Gel (Part 2)

Sorry for waiting so long to post. With moving, going on vacation, packing, and unpacking I just haven't had the time but I have many more posts coming. I probably tried to do too many things with my hair at once but after my henna treatment, I tried the the Tightly Curly Method, which I got from tightlycurly.com, along with Eco Styler Olive Oil Styling Gel

The Tightly Curly Method is basically using a wash-out conditioner as a leave-in and using your finger to smooth it through every piece of hair. Initially, I had planned on using Tresemme's Naturals conditioner as a leave in but as I grabbed it, I realized that I had accidentally bought the shampoo instead of the conditioner. Oops.  So, instead I used Carol's Daughter Tui Hair Smoothie (8 oz)

$20
After application, I also smoothed Carol's Daughter Khoret Amen Hair Oil before and after I applied the Eco Styler Olive Oil Styling Gel to make sure that my hair was moisturized. 
$3
It was too much work for a wash and go but here my hair is with everything applied but still wet.
Wet
Dry


I experienced major shrinkage as expected but my hair came out okay.  It looked ten times better with the Eco Styler Olive Oil Styling Gel than with the much more expensive Kinky Curly hair products.  When it came down to it, this style lasted for about a day.  After the first day, I had to keep twisting and re-twisting and re-applying the Eco Styler Olive Oil Styling Gel just get my hair to look even. That was definitely irritating because I'm not used to messing with my hair everyday.  I had major scalp buildup from using the Carol's Daughter Tui Hair Smoothie (8 oz) as a leave-in. If you're thinking of trying the Tightly Curly Method, then I would definitely recommend trying a different conditioner. The results weren't bad but the style didn't last long enough for the amount of work and product that I put into it. Tightly Curly Method isn't for me. I'll probably use the Eco Styler gel again whenever I need that extra hold.

If you want to read how I later modified this, then click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment