Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Fro Hawk is Great Vacation Hair?



When you go on vacation, you want to look fly and enjoy yourself while not worrying if your hair looks crazy or not.  I was googling different hairstyles when I thought that I had settled on the best hairstyle for my natural hair. Cornrows in the front and fro out in the back. Ethnocentrism at its best. I though it would be low maintenance, cute, and easy to maintain when going in and out of water.  But my fiance had something else in mind. One day, he came home from work and told me that I had to get a cornrowed fro hawk. Apparently, he saw another woman rocking it and decided that I just had to rock it too.  I'm a simple woman who primarily wears her natural hair in a twist-out style.  I'm thinking, "Babe, do you know how big my head is and you want me to wear a fro hawk?" He insisted that it would look fly and I will do anything for my pooh bear so I did it.  Let me just say that it was not easy finding a salon that does this style and the salon I went to was very sloppy.  So my fiance's sister ended up redoing it and she did it ten times better than a professional.  There are pictures below on my Carnival Cruise to the Bahamas. Let me know if it was a hit or miss.


Right before we got into the jacuzzi.

At the hotel on the Wyndham Resort in the Bahamas
Jet skiing.


To get it to lay to the side, I did a twist-out with the unbraided hair. Here, I'm rocking the dress by Sara from Fashion Star. Loved it!


Overall, I had a blast. I felt cute and confident the entire time and I didn't waste any time in my room fixing my hair. I was able to get up and go when I wanted to. So I guess my fiance was right...

4 comments:

  1. When I saw Where you went for vacy, I just had to comment! I live in the bahamas and i always enjoy it when people share a little of their experience here! I hope you had a great time and come again for a visit. Btw I love your hair, very fierce!

    www.chicshoppe.bigcartel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! it must be awesome having wonderful weather(and food) everyday. Lucky you.

      Delete
  2. I like it!! That sucks about your salon experience (read that post too) though!! Ughhhh! When will these places/people learn?!?! The money that could be made by a natural salon that actually is professional and good would be unbelievable!

    Shelli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Shelli! I love your blog and, of course, your hair! Thanks for your comment and, yeah, they would make a lot of money if they were more professional.

      Delete