Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cheap Products That Work

I was a poor college student when I decided to do the BIG CHOP.  Kinky Curly, Carols Daughter, Miss Jessie, and Mixed Chicks products did not fall into my budget so I just had to make it work.  You do not have to be rich to go natural so here are some cheaper alternatives:


Soft Sheen-Carson Let's Jam! Protein Styling Gel, Mega Hold, 9 oz.
       
      $2.89
It's not as heavy as grease and it doesn't flake like gel. This product works great for twist outs. It can be purchased at any store that sells hair products.



SHEA BUTTER LEAVE-IN CONDITIONING REPAIR CREAM By CANTU Conditioner

 $5.49

Smells great and can be used as a daily leave in conditioner. Available at any store that sells hair products.

Motions At Home Foaming Wrap Lotion

$4.49
I still use this product (combined with Carol's Daughter Hair Balm (4 oz)) to re-wet my hair while I'm twisted.  Any type of wrapping lotion should do the trick.  Available at Sallys or any store that sells hair products.


DAX POMADE Size: 14 OZ

$3.59
Don't throw away the grease.  I wouldn't put this on your scalp but Dax works great for locking in moisture and prevents split ends.  Available at any store that sells hair products.

Garnier Fructis Style Curl Shaping Spray Gel, 8.50-

$3.88

This product does harden your hair but it does define your curls.  Available at any store that sells hair products.


$5.12
This combined with Alberto VO5 Tea Therapy Vanilla Mint Tea Conditioner, 15 Ounce for $3.99 is great to use while transitioning. 

These are great products to try while on a budget. I hope that this list has helped someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment